Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Works in Bronze

On the 3rd of September I opened a solo show at SOLO contemporary art Gallery in Hood River. It is a show title Down Under. Actually half of the work was part of the Displacement Exhibition and installation I did in Frematle Western Australia. I made 5 or six new works in bronze since my return in May.
The showe was a success and the attendance was fantastic. Thanks to Leith Gaines and Sorcha Meek for making it a fantastic opening along with everyone else who attended and purchased work. Artwork sales are nice in a lot of ways but my favorite is that it creates energetic room for me to create new work.

If you came here off of my website then you are probably wondering why there are no bronzes shown there. THe truth is that I have not yet settled in after returning from Australia with the summer travel and activities.

Here are a few photos of some of the work I did in wester Australia and also the new works I have done since returning. This is a small selection.







The work will be at SOLO Contemporary Art through the month of September. The Gallery is on the corner of 6th street and Cascade av in Hood River.

No comments: