Thursday, September 16, 2010

Salmon Hang


Things have been busy around the studio with Jodi working on getting my work out into the world. I had a body of my steel sculptures on display at Wy' east Vineyards in Hood River. It was a great showing and I have heard wonderful responses.

The work is now at Mt Hood Vineyards in the upper Hood River valley. One large work that I have not displayed in a while is the large steel trout and Salmon installation. It is 10 large fish, each 15 pounds, that hang with thin steel wire as if they are swimming through the room.

The Mt Hood Vineyard building is a fantasticly beautiful space. I am excited to have the installation above the bar. It wasn't easy to do the install as it was up a 24 foot ladder. My calfs and shoulders are still sore from being up the ladder all day.

In the studio this week I am working on a series of works similar to the fish. the new works will be based on canadian geese. Maybe I could mix it up and it would be like the MC Escher print where the fish and birds change from one to the other.

No comments: