Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Despite the weather things are perking along in my studio. The two large works for the hospital are coming out great so far. I cut the first panel of the insight project yesterday and it looks great. The more time I spend with that piece the more I love it. I love seeing the silhouettes of the students and teachers- they are so real and expressive. This type of thing is the great aspect of a school/artist residency; there is lots of room for the piece to grow on its own. I love it. We'll see how it comes out, but at the moment it might be my favorite piece of art that I have done.

When I see the outlines I recognize alot of the people either from knowing them or from remembering the day I took their photo.

Here is a photo of the piece on my cutting table.





The weather is really really nasty and is expected to stay that way for a while with more storms coming off of the pacific. There has been this cool wave of snow that has slowly been coming off the roof of my studio building. The roof is metal and the snow has been slowly sliding down. I cant believe that it hasn't broken off yet as the lowest part is about 4 feet from the roof edge. here's a photo:






Let there be peace on earth!

2 comments:

4thBG said...

I look forward to seeing the finished piece. Certainly a bit different than your pieces that I have seen. Merry Merry to you and your family.

BG

8ly said...

Whether by design, happenstance or a little of both- the studio shot of Insight's silhouettes is nicely echoed in the above photo (artist + Insight), a good visual vignette. Well done:)